At High Well School we give the achievement of good attendance and punctuality high priority.
The pupils who achieve good attendance are offered reward for their effort. The reward system is as follows:
- Every pupil who achieves 100% attendance, or has the most improved attendance are awarded with a certificate which is presented in assembly for them to take home.
- Parents/carers are sent a positive message home to offer thanks for their support.
- Pupils with 100% attendance have their name added to a draw and have the chance to win one of six £50 Amazon Vouchers at the end of term.
- The class who achieve the highest attendance are awarded a trophy in assembly which is put on display in school.
- Pupils who achieve 95% or above in their attendance and those making significant improvement in their attendance are rewarded with a celebration meal at a restaurant which is fully funded by the school.
A display board on the main corridor in school, displays pupil's achievements and is updated weekly.
Behaviour and Learning Rewards
´One of our main priorities is to ensure that the pupils who are consistently engaged in learning and displaying appropriate behaviour receive recognition for this. Our school council worked tirelessly to come up with a system which would reward these pupils. Each month we have three reward trips (Gold, Silver and Bronze). In order to be eligibile for one of these trips pupils need to meet the required percentage of targets for that month.
Gold - 87.5% (This equates to pupils meeting their target in 7 of the 8 daily lessons)
Silver - 75%
Bronze - 62.5%
The Gold trip is the ultimate aim of all of our pupils and activities such as paintballing, go-karting and climbing experiences have ensured that, in spite of the demanding requirements, this trip is always highly populated.
We provide pupils with the opportunity to achieve extra points towards these trips so there is always an incentive to display appropriate behaviour. Through awarding points for achieving certificates, completing homework and performing acts of kindness around school we are able to constantly recognise positive behaviour and learning.
Every day at High Well begins with a review of our targets from the previous day. We celebrate success and identify how we can make improvements. We then congregate in a weekly assembly to recognise and reward the pupils for their efforts during the week.
Below is an example of how pupils record their behaviour and learning targets.