Human Resources Manager
Salary & Grade: G9 SCP 28-31 £31,371 - £33,799 FTE
Hours: 18.5 hours over 3 days - Term time plus 10 days
High Well School is a Special School which caters for 80 11-16 year olds with an Education Health & Care Plan for profound and severe social, emotional and mental health needs as well as other learning difficulties. The School meets the needs of some of Wakefield’s most complex and vulnerable young people. High Well endeavours to provide a nurturing environment with personalised support and specialist teaching to enable our pupils to re-engage in learning, develop their social and emotional skills and leave with not only appropriate qualifications but the skills required to succeed in life after school. This is reflected in our vision of ‘Preparing for Positive Futures’.
Are you looking for a challenge and a role where no two days are the same? Then this is the role for you! We are looking for a part time experienced HR Manager to provide the day to day management of all employee issues and support to our Head teacher in the management of employment issues and absence management and monitoring attendance.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead in the implementation of the HR function within the school
- Support the Senior Leadership Team and manage key stakeholder relationships
- Provide guidance and advice across all aspects of HR role
- Team management experience
- Responsibility for the recruitment process of new starters, including a vetting process, maintenance of employee files, leave management and HR software (mpip)
- Manage and implement new policies, staff handbook, induction process and procedures
- Proven HR experience within a large organisation and can demonstrate a record of successful HR related matters
- Confident and approachable personality
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage busy workloads and prioritise tasks
- Strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skill in all MS Office packages including Excel and Powerpoint.
- Preparing reports and agendas
- Maintaining calendar and supporting documentation for employee appraisals
- Utmost discretion should be upheld at all times due to the nature of the role and handling employee information requirements
- Coordinating all disciplinary/grievance processes to ensure correct procedures are followed and appropriate outcomes reached.
Due to the nature of these roles it is essential that you are fully aware of all aspects of data protection and confidentiality as you will be working in an environment dealing with extremely sensitive and emotive information on a daily basis. Wakefield Council employees have access to corporate offers and discounts from local and national companies on a wide range of products and services, including discounted travel tickets and leisure membership. Visits to the School are strongly recommended and if not possible a discussion with the Headteacher is advised. Contact should be made via e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and call back will be made.
Due to the current situation in relation to COVID-19 the interview process will take into consideration the most up to date Government guidance on social distancing. Applications for the post will only be accepted via email to email@example.com or visit school website at www.highwellschool.org.uk
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information. and volunteers to share this responsibility.
For Further information please visit: www.wakefield.gov.uk. Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 19th June 2020 at 3pm.
Shortlisting date: Monday 22nd June 2020 (successful candidates will be contacted by email followed by a confirmation letter)
Interview date: Friday 26th June 2020
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.